The Internal Audit Department was established in the year 2011.
Its objective is to support the Management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by measuring, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of the Internal control systems implemented by the Management to ensure;
- The appropriate assessment of risk and adoption of strategies to manage risks within acceptable levels;
- Compliance with applicable policies, procedures, laws and regulations;
- The reliability of Internal and external reporting and accountability processes; and,
- Compliance with the relevant codes of conduct and ethical guidelines.
- Planning and conducting financial and operational audits and reviews of organizational and functional activities.
- Accomplishing audit plans in accordance with the accepted audit standards.
- Identifying issues and proposing recommendations to remediate related risks.
- Writing business or audit reports to the management which include summarizing all audit findings, recommendations and agreed action plans.